as invited to a Tuffet day and had to stop and think what a tuffet was. I remembered Little Miss Muffett sat on her tuffet eating her curds and whey but this still didn't help me visualise what it was. Why did I never query what she sat on before? A few photographs later I decided I would love to make a tuffet but the kits online were a bit expensive.
We had set our expectations for the day much too high as many of us only got a few segments completed. I had bought my little bun feet on eBay and stained and waxed them in advance as if I thought they would be attached on the first day.
I decided to transfer my paper pattern onto vilene which had its pros and cons.it was easier to sew on but had I to do it again I would have chosen a non adhesive vilene as I was unable to iron open each section. However as some commented it gave it a pleated effect which I quite like.Below you can see the base with the screws for the feet which are hid above.
Once the first section of eight strips were complete it was much quicker to complete the other eight. The button was a bit tinny and delicate so I covered the whole thing including the inner part and gathered fabric then I stitched it to the tuffet as if it we a puff not a button.