I was more than pleased with my final result and will play with some more blocks at a later date. The really nice thing about this project was that I used fabrics and thread, etc from my stash so it cost me nothing.
I have only done free motion stipple on two projects before so not totally free with it hence the larger stipple but in time I will become more comfortable and shrink it. I chose to draw my design for the snail like pieces as I found it hard to see the sewing thread against the back ground. I prefer to use the purple fading pens as they stay in long enough but no fuss having to wash or concern the marks will return in different temperatures.
It was on obviously s from the start all of our designs would be different with all different colour ways.
The dragonflies were appliquéd on using bondaweb to hold first. I just used running stitch to secure with a matching thread.
We had a new member Jenny at our workshop and she chose a red fly. When I was sitting at Mountstewart I was surrounded with blue dragonflies so just had to replicate.
Small scraps also held in place for es with some free motion embroidery. I drew the pattern for the wings on iron in vileness and placed this in the wrong side of the dragon fly. I then used a sparkly blue thread in my bottom so that it would show on the right side. Once the outline was embroidered in place I did the rest from the front with two other sparkly threads to imitate the fine veins in the wings.
Many thanks to Valerie for taking the class.